<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, November 08, 2004

So Bitter Week has ended - yay.

I have come to a few realizations thanks to good friends.

One, football is fun. I never really thought I'd enjoy it but the more I hang out with the boys the more and more I do. True, I do just enjoy spending time with my friends, but I'm actually enjoying that part of their world (and getting a kick out of the fact that they get such a kick out of me in that world, if that makes any sense).

Two, I am theologically competent. I know, I should never have doubted but, well, this is me. I doubt and worry over stupid things (just ask a cetain Noell about an incident our senior year of college). And I should have been reassured by all my friends telling me that, yes, of course you are Amy. Duh! But, alas, I need "official" confirmation. So I asked George if he'd write me a letter of my cpm telling them that I was and he said "Of course, I'll write, call, what ever you need. That just shouldn't have happened." For some reason, knowing George has such faith in me helped me to get back my usual faith in self.

Three, Noell just pointed out that perhaps this can be a blessing in that I can now empathize with those folks who have failed at something. I've never failed in my entire life. I've always at least passed and usually excelled. I've never been rejected academically, usually sought after in fact, so this whole ord thing was a shock to the system. And yes, I guess I didn't actually fail academically, but that's not what it looks like on that lovely piece of paper they gave us. So, I feel some of that pain. It's a growing experience. And look, that was me using a good ole fashion view of providence - God can use evil for good. See, see that CPM?

Four, we kicked ass at trivia tonight.

Thus ends Bitter Week. May it not come back in a long, long while.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?